What do I need to fit a door & its panel?
- Sikaflex 291 or similar & a few Tek screws
- To cut out the area where the motorhome door is installed in the panel
- To build a frame on the inside of the cut out to attach the motorhome door
- To line the inside of the panel with materials/style of your personal choice
- To fill in the step area, again your choice of style
What should I keep in mind when considering a DIY Door Conversion project?
You should check with your local engineer as each state has different rules & regulations.
You may not be able to have a seat belted seat opposite the door.
There are bolts on the track on the inside of the van that will need to be accessed. So, if your van is empty it would be best to do the door conversion before installing cabinetry.
If you already have cabinetry or similar installed and can't access the bolts there is the option of leaving the runner fixed and simply cutting it where it curves inward. Some people do this and make use of the runner, using it to attach tables and the like. If you can remove the runner, we supply a neat fibreglass strip to cover the unsightly bolt holes.
What type of vehicles do you have Door Conversions for?
We design and manufacture door conversions & panels to suit:
- Pre 07 Mercedes Sprinter (including MWB, LWB, Ex LWB, Medium & High Roof)
- Post 07 Mercedes Sprinter Conversion fits the High Roof van only. (Standard roof also available installed at our factory)
- Volkswagen Crafter & LT35s share the same body parts as the Mercedes Sprinters so the Sprinter conversions will also fit these vans
- 2000 - Current Ford Transit Vans Mid & High Roof
- 1993 - Current Toyota Coaster (choice of 2 doors) Fully ADR Approved Door Now Available!
We can also professionally fit it for you at our workshop in Wakerley, Brisbane if one of our DIY packages isn't suitable for you.